Patterns and ouchies

Posted by DeVille |

Well, I just came back from the clinic and my photorejuvenation treatment. I'd read two different descriptions of the pain, 'none' and 'like descending into the seventh circle of hell'. Neither of which are correct, I would say it's more like the ninth circle of hell, way down there with the traitors. Supposedly the treatment should feel like a rubber band snapping against your skin, which I would have no problem with. It's the incredible burning sensation at the site of application that I couldn't take. At one point I was close to tears and each time the pulse happened I jumped and bit my lip, no matter how prepared I was. I've only just stopped shaking enough to be able to relax and my heart is still beating fast.

Afterwards, my cheeks were the colour of tomatoes though now there is only a little redness in the area (well, no worse than a bad rosacea attack) and no pain at all. I laugh now that I was more worried about the after effects than the actual process. Hey, only 4 more treatments to go (arrrrgghhh)! I'm interested to see how it is tomorrow and how much makeup I'll have to use to cover my cheeks!

I arrived home to find my Emmeline pattern (finally! I was getting worried) and the gorgeous Advance 3090 nightgown. I have been searching for this advance pattern for nearly a year and searched for it once a week until I finally found a copy. I had hoped to find an 18, but after a year of searching I decided the 14 would do, I'll just need to grade it and do an FBA. Because of that it'll be a few weeks before I can get around to making it but I'm looking forward to finding some lovely fabric for this at Rathdowne this weekend.

2 people have commented:

Cindy said...

Woah, that sounds painful! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thai LOI said...

Good morning,

Vina Linen is vietnamese home linen manufacturer and produces
hand embroidered item such as : bed sheet, pillow case, tablecloth,
napkin... and baby garment.

As we are manufacturer we can make product base on your specification.

We are looking for wholesaler or retailer.

Vina Linen has stable quality product in up-market and mid-market
with affordable price in classic or modern hand made style.
Our products are customizable: vinalinen.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Thai LOI

Subscribe