Suddenly Sewing Machine-less

Posted by DeVille |

For the last couple of weeks I've been machineless while I decide whether it's time to upgrade, or just repair my poor machine! While trying to figure out what to do though I've gone into a fabric hoarding phase, despite the fact I'm not able to sew anything (go figure)! My latest find was this amazing print, which is the most beautiful shade of peach with bright purple and lime florets and a different floret pattern woven into it. Unfortunately I have no idea what to do with this as it's really quite a heavy weight, but I had to have it regardless. Perhaps a bag (or 6, there's 3mtrs there!) or a bedspread.

Fabric 2 is a gorgeous dark blue sheer flocked polyester with silver flowers, which is destined for either the pussybow version of Simplicity 2614, this BWOF cocktail dress, or maybe
even a a variation of Burda's Anda dress (I'm thinking a simplified version of the cocktail dress).

Fabric 3 is something I've been looking for for years and that is the PERFECT Hawaiian print! This is a gorgeous black cotton with large fuchsia hibiscus.This will become either a full skirted shirt dress (yet to decide which of my 10 full skirt shirt dress patterns I will use!) or the cuff sleeve version of New Look 6815 shirt dress. Seriously I've searched so long for a Hawaiian print that that is not too OTT but still appeases my inner Magnum PI.















0 people have commented:

Subscribe