My travel purse...

Posted by DeVille |

I bought this wonderful Donna Karan fabric months ago but as it's a thick cotton, I've never really figured out what to do with it, as it's just too pretty for furniture and too heavy for a dress!

For want of something better to do before we went to Melbourne, I decided to whip up a quick travel wallet with it. As a child, my mother always had wonderful travel purses, and as I've never quite found one I liked as much, I figured I'd give it a go. I admit this is mostly glued and roughly hand stiched together as somehow I managed to pack my Christmas decorations away on top of my sewing maching! But none the less, it's already done me very well and I felt quite stylish while going through customs with my friends ohhhing and aaahhing over my purse!

Anyway, apart from the fabric I used some left over felt and a button that fell off a top I'd long since thrown out and forgotten about. Surprisingly it's held together really well and shows no sign of giving up - and I'm now gearing up to get my machine out and sew a couple up properly as well as a nice travel size bag, so mum and I can have have wonderful matching travel purses when we go away in May :)

More photos over at sew retro
.

0 people have commented:

Subscribe